The Little White Party Dress Goes Front and Center!
Fall is making its presence felt in the air and even the sun is now a softer presence on the horizon. Fashion feels this change and a stirring of fashion trends is happening. The bright colors of summer that glowed under the summer sun and the darker hues the ruled the summer night life is giving way to lighter shades. And by lighter shades, we don’t mean sweet pastels. In fact, technically, you can think of it as an absence of color. But how can we call it an absence of color when the range of whites that is ruling the fashion runways goes from cream to ivory to bone white to winter white and even bleached white?
photo credits: sheknows.com
Rachel Bilson, consistent trendsetter, is one of the first Hollywood celebs to jump into the little white dress bandwagon. She slips into a brilliant white dress with ruffles, and balances the dress’s ultra-femininity with studded beige ankle booties.
Most trendsetters know that white is a bit tricky to wear so they cut the blank canvass that it is with strategic statement pieces. In Rachel’s case, it was footwear. But it can also be: statement jewelry.
photo credits: popcrush.com
Jennifer Lopez lives up to her diva reputation whenever she steps out into the red carpet. She usually ties her look together with carefully chosen accessories. Earrings are her typical statement jewelry pieces. Here, she accessorizes with dazzling dangling earrings encrusted with diamonds to go with her silvery white attire.
This simple yet body conscious white tube dress has an elongating gold detail running down its silhouette. This is an example of how gold can embellish a stark fashion attitude with a dose of posh.
If you’re convinced that white is the perfect shade as summer deepens into fall but don’t really know how to choose the perfect white dress for you, here are a few tips.
- Go for simple, streamlined silhouettes.
- Choose white party dresses that have understated details.
- If you’re on the slim side go for dresses with A-line skirts
- If you’re on the curvy side, an empire waist would be perfect for you.
- A white dress with different textures will give your look an interesting dimension.
So now that you’ve chosen the little white dress that suits your body type and personality. How do you accessorize to give your outfit that extra oomph?
- Go for footwear ranging from nude, cream to beige hues.
- The same color palette indicated for footwear is advisable for your choice of bag or clutch.
- Earrings can be huge and ornate since white will be the perfect blank canvas to showcase them. Though you may wear earrings that include other colors, gold will give your white attire more glam.
- For bracelets, delicate ones would be preferred unless you choose to keep your look simple by just wearing a stack of bangles in gold or a statement cuff, also in gold.
- Statement neckpieces are now in vogue so if you do choose to accent your little white dress with just one big statement necklace, you can go all out in white and gold but leave it at that. The LWPD (little white party dress) was never meant to be over-accessorized.